Friday, January 30, 2009

Assignment for Friday, January 30

Today's assignment is to answer questions 8 and 9 and do the Digging Deeper exercise. You probably won't have anything to post on that Digging Deeper part but I would be interested in reading what truths you find to apply to our lives. I have underlined a couple of things I found. I'll let you know what they are if none of you write about them. :)

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. Whew. I think I have finally transferred from Old King James into New King James.

Oh yeah. It's Friday. Can you still quote the first memory verse?

5 comments:

Jennifer Froelich said...

"...speaking the truth in love..." is in line with what we were talking about yesterday. I admire those who are willing to take a risk to admonish me; I would like to grow more spiritually to be able to do this without fear!

"Consider it all joy, my brethren, when you encounter various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance." James 1:2-3

"And let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds." Hebrews 10:24

Qwert said...

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
James 1:2-3

And consider one another in order to stir up love and good works,
Heb 10:24

I quoted James to Jannae this morning and used 'temptations' instead of 'trials'. Look like I do better typing than speaking (grin).

I forgot the 'lettuce' in Hebrews!

3 Short Ones said...

OKay, so I don't know what happened, but I posted yesterday and none of my answers came through. Anyway, I am caught up through yesterday and if I get a few more minutes I will go back and repost....so sorry!

Audrey said...

So I've been a very bad blogger this week, but I have done my lessons.

8. We confess our sins to God and He will forgive us. We are to not do that sin anymore.

9. He wants us to be continually growing. We are to walk in such a way that pleases God and we are to get better and better at it as we go along.

Digging Deeper (just a few thoughts) -

God gave us the tools that we need to grow in the people around us. We need to be willing to listen to those tools and to be a tool that God can use.

The truth must be spoken in a loving way that encourages others.

Every member of this church has a role to play in order to edify the body.

The Lady said...

Well, you got what I got.