Friday, May 8, 2009

Assignment for Friday, May 8

Friday is here already and so is the last chapter of Galatians. Today we will finish our quick overview of the book so we can start looking at what we know about the Holy Spirit. I haven't done the lessons yet, but I'm guessing we may have some interesting discussions next week. Meanwhile, let's finish up with Galatians.

For next week's memory verse challenge I would like you to look ahead at the daily verses for the week to decide which one you will work on. Of course you are not limited to those verses if you want to work on something else. The challenge is to let us know what you are working on and then post your verse every day next week - first without looking and then the corrected version if need be. As always this is only an optional challenge. Have FUN with it!

4 comments:

Qwert said...

Done - on the right day, too.

I will check in later to read the comments.

Well, I did have one thought I'll share now. I was struck by the constrast of her agonizing over the adoption of her son - and how God WANTS to adopt us, it is us who agonize at being adopted. I remembered that when I was first taught the gospel, mainly because I already thought I was adopted. I have seen people struggle to make that decision and have not chosen.

Jennifer Froelich said...

That's true, Julie. He is the parent who waits eagerly for His adopted children to accept Him as their loving Father. It's the father of the earth that persuades people that God is not there to love us; that we should not trust Him as a loving Father.

I finished today's lesson and I'm finally caught up! :)

Audrey said...

Sorry, ladies. I was out tonight on a date with my hubby, and I didn't get my lesson done since I normally do it at night. I'll do it tomorrow and post my answers. So check back later for great pearls of wisdom. HA!

Audrey said...

Okay. I'm back.

We are God's children born under a new covenant. Why in the world would we want to go back to the way we were?

He sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts.

We believe in our heart that God raised Jesus from the dead and are justified in that belief.

Our mouths must confess Jesus as Lord.

Our confession is to be a public one.

Jesus confessed that He was a King of a spiritual kingdom and was born and lived in this world to testify to the truth.

My public confession was when I was twelve just before I was baptized.

The geneology of Jesus is recorded in Matthew 1.

God decided to adopt us as His sons before He created the world.

He adopted us through Jesus.

He adopted us because He loves us and because He wanted to adopt us. It pleased Him.

God knows what we need before we even ask. Only someone who is paying very close attention can make that claim.

God gave His own Son for us. If He was willing to do this, why wouldn't He give us the other things that we need?

II Corintians calls God the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort.

He is approachable.

God showers us in gifts. He gives us every good and perfect gift.

He considers us His treasured possessions.