Monday, March 9, 2009

Assignment for Monday, March 9

Are you excited and thankful to begin a new week? It's hard to encourage anyone when you are not thankful.

This week we continue looking at one another passages. Your assignment for today is to answer questions 1 and 2 and Clearing the Cobwebs. My answer for Clearing the Cobwebs would be that any little sign of appreciation always give me a lift. It doesn't have to be much...just a little acknowledgement to let me know I'm on the right track or how I can improve. I have occasionally received cards or a surprise dinner or just a hug that has lifted my mood and lightened my load just when I needed it. I hope I can do the same for others as I continue this physical adventure.

If you are ready, you can begin working on Romans 12:10 this week. If not, continue working on verse 9. Whatever you are working one, share your daily progress with us to encourage us to do the same!

4 comments:

Jennifer Froelich said...

Talking to one of my sisters after a really hard day is always uplifting. Generally, she can sympathize with my troubles, but will also gently prod me back toward more productive thoughts and away from the "woe is me" attitude! :)

"Let love be without hypocrisy; abhor what is evil, cling to what is good, be devoted to one another in brotherly love, give preference to one another in honor..." Romans 12:9-10

psychomom said...

Different things work for me at different times. Sometimes it brightens my whole day when my daughter brings me a little treat (like my favorite candy or a Starbuck's coffee)...just the fact that she thought of me and took the extra trouble to make a stop with me in mind on her way over...on Saturday I was having a VERY bad day for various reasons (some probably hormonal). I vascillated back and forth about going to the potluck, because I thought it would just make me more depressed, but in the end I knew it didn't matter how I was feeling, I had to go and support Don. Being around that large group of "Don supporters" did me so much good, and even though the singing made me cry, I left feeling a great deal better...always trust that fellowship with your brethren will do your spirit good!

psychomom said...

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good. Rom. 12:9

done for today

Audrey said...

Done for today.

Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Rom 12:9