Monday, January 19, 2009

Assignment for Monday, January 19

Happy Civil Rights Day. I was informed that was the new name by Johnny Seekamp. Interesting.

This week we are looking at how our faith encourages us and how to increase that faith. Remember to start with Ponder and Pray each day as you begin your daily study. Today's assignment is really easy so I'm going to add a bit to it. Do Clearing the Cobwebs and question #1, but in answering question #1 I want you to be specific about how that person encourages your faith. That way we can all learn from his/her example and help encourage the faith of the people around us.

Are you ready to try a new memory verse? Remember, this is an optional assignment so you don't need to feel any pressure if memorizing is difficult for you.

My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience. James 1:3-4

And of course we want to remember the last one...And consider one another in order to stir up love and good works. Hebrews 10:24

11 comments:

Qwert said...

Cobwebs - Oscar Meyer Weiner Song and the Big Mac song. I didn't know the Tootsie Roll or OREO song - didn't even know they had songs.

I will just mention one - Kathleen Hale. She was there at the beginning and continue to encourage me. Mostly now by her example.

Jennifer Froelich said...

I'm done for today. I remember:

"Picky people pick Peter Pan peanut butter; it's the peanut butter picky people pick." (Silly, huh?)

psychomom said...

I can still sing the old Coca Cola song..."I'd like to teach the world to sing..." (and several more...isn't it just amazing what trash our minds stores for almost half a century?)

Jennifer, who encourages you?

My brethren, count it joy when you fall into various trials, knowing that your....something...produces patience.
I'll keep working on that!

psychomom said...

Oops, sorry...you're not Monday!

The Lady said...

Anybody remember the Oscar Meyer Bolgna song?

Qwert said...

Oh I wish I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner; that is what I'd truly like to be; cuz if I was an Oscar Meyer Weiner, everyone would be in love with me!

And...

Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, onions, pickles on a sesame seed bun.

Qwert said...

On the bologna song, I just remember them spelling B-O-L-O-G-N-A but I can't remember the any words.

The Lady said...

My bologna has a first name
It's O-S-C-A-R
My bologna has a second name
It's M-E-Y-E-R
I like to eat it every day
And if you ask me, "Why?", I'll say,
"Cause Oscar Meyer has a way with B-O-L-O-G-N-A"

Ta-da!!

Tam said...

Okay this is so funny b/c I haven't even read what we're supposed to do yet and I'm seeing all these comments about the Oscar Meyer weiner and Coke...what??! ;) I think I should check out the assignment...I'll be back!

Tam said...

Okay, I get it now! I remember..."I don't wanna grow up, I'm a ToyRUS kid, there's a million toys at ToysRUS that I can play with! From bikes to swings to video games, the biggest toy store there is! I don't wanna grow up, cuz if I did, I couldn't be a ToysRUs kid!" And we didn't even have a ToysRUs.
Done for today!

Drama Queens said...

Hmmm...this is a funny clearing the cobwebs! I am done for Monday (this is tuesday that I am posting) and the jingle I remember would be the last snippet of the coca cola song "always coca co-ola" or maybe "my little pony, megan and sunshine I love to brush her beautiful hair, my little pony megan and sunshine" I remember singing that one over and over in the bathtub!