Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The first Tuesday of summer break

I'm wondering how it would work for us to turn this into a weekly blog for the summer. You would only post once/week to let us know what you are up to and what you are learning. It was nice to hear from two people in one day!

I read 1 John yesterday and looked at the elder survey for the first time. From 1 John I was reminded of the importance of loving your brother. From the elder survey I realized I don't have a spiritual goal right now. Hmmm. How did that happen? So now I'm thinking about what my spiritual goals should be. Thinking....

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I haven't read for today yet...will probably do it in bed tonight. But I wanted to share a verse that I read last night that I'm sure I've read before but that struck me personally. It is Proverbs 18:2 and says, "A fool has no delight in understanding, but in expressing his own heart." I starting thinking about the times I may have a disagreement with someone. Many times I find myself trying to come up with my next argument instead of truly listening and trying to understand where that person is coming from. That is something that I've been working on a lot lately (especially in my marriage), but this verse has given me even more motivation to do so.

Audrey said...

Well, it is now Wednesday and I'm done for yesterday and today. Have we started a break already and I just didn't know about it?

Qwert said...

Good morning. I am back from vacation. It was fun, tiring, and refreshing.

Read Isaiah 43-48. Over and over - 'I am the Lord, there is no other god besides me' in various forms. He showed himself from the beginning to Israel but they turned to worthless idols. He, even now, tells them His salvation is for them, turn to Me.

There are several statements in Chapter 47 that reminded me of the world today. v8 I am, and there is no one else besides me. v10 No one sees me and 48:7 Of course I knew them. God has given lots of evidence He exists, as my reading reminds Israel, but people choose to be blind and deaf.

Qwert said...

regaring the blog for the summer, I will go with the flow. I may post daily, though, because it has become a habit to me - also will prevent me from slacking off.