Friday, September 11, 2009

Assignment for September 11

I'm sure some or all of you today may be thinking back to that fateful September 11 and remembering how you felt that day. One of the things for which I was thankful was that I have a relationship with God that brings me peace even in very troubled times. As we continue looking at Colossians 1 and venture into chapter 2 today we will spend some time thinking about the benefits and difficulties of continuing in the gospel. I'm looking forward, as always, to your comments, ladies.

Lesson Three, Day Five

2 comments:

SarahK said...

1) It is crucial that we continue grounded and steadfast in the faith and that we don't turn from the hope of the gospel.
2) The theme is that we are to walk in Him and in the faith. This week's verses emphasize that Jesus is EVERYTHING. Everything was created through him and for him. He is the glue that holds it all together. He's the head of the church. If we aren't walking in Him and continuing in the faith, and everything revolves around him, then we are revolving around nothing.
3a) I think the whole being-human thing is a big part of it. Outside influences are another big one. It's hard to stay focused, even though I know this is the most important thing, when my attention is divided between my faith and a hundred other things. And we're weak, so we're constantly slipping--it's hard to stay focused when you sometimes slip so far that you can't even see the object of your focus. So you have to constantly battle yourself to climb back to the point where you can see Him.
3b) "And you, who once were alienated and hostile in mind, doing evil deeds, he has now reconciled in his body of flesh by his death, in order to present you holy and blameless and above reproach before him, if indeed you continue in the faith..."

Qwert said...

Done.

3b for me was verses 15-20 - remembering Christ, who he is and what he did for me. I really liked Day 3's lesson. Puts the focus where is needs to be.