Monday, August 24, 2009

Assignment for August 24

Aaaaaaarg! Julie beat me on our first day of the book. Well, that's what I get for sleeping in until 7. OK. The first assignment in the book is to read the book of Colossians, which we just did last week. The difference here is that today you do not stop to meditate on parts that seem difficult as you go. Just read it quicly. Look for the big message. When you have finished let me know how long it took you to do it - how many minutes.

Lesson 1 Day One

5 comments:

psychomom said...

You'll have to post pretty early in the morning to beat Julie! No sleeping in, you lazy girl! :) Aw, just do it the night before and we'll never know the difference...

I read the entire book of Colossians (again) out loud to myself in about 10 minutes.

Tam said...

Oops! I completely thought we were starting everything this week so I didn't even check in last week! Anyway, I read out loud (a great tip Anne, this kept my mind WAY more focused!) in 12 minutes.

The Lady said...

Don't worry about it, Tammy. We just had some ladies wanting to start right away but Trudy didn't have her book yet so we did some preliminary reading of the book to prep us. We'll do similar stuff WITH the book this week.

I like reading aloud also - but didn't do it quite as fast as you, Ann. I also took 12 minutes.

SarahK (Sarah F) said...

Uh-oh, I did the lesson (read Colossians) before I read your assignment. I'm gonna just guess it took me 20 minutes, because I'm a slow reader and also sleepy.

Jennifer Froelich said...

10 minutes -- lovely minutes without my kids making a peep! :)