Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Assignment for Wednesday, March 4

Today's assignment is to answer questions 4, 5, and 6. I really like the comment on the side of page 66. Concentrating on who a person IS instead of what they DID helps us to stay focused on what it really important and helps us find good in someone who is really messing up. Finding that good thing can help that person make a turn around. We all need someone to believe in us.

I want to see your memory verse efforts if you have decided to take the challenge. First concentrate on verse 9. We can add verse 10 later if we need to.

8 comments:

Qwert said...

Here's my effort...

Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another. Let love be with hypocrisy (sp?). Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.

Yes, I know I did 10 first - half way through I realize that (happened all day yesterday). Romans 12:10-9 (grin).

Qwert said...

Ok - I just saw my typo (yes it was a typo). It should be love WITHOUT hypocrisy.

psychomom said...

sorry, I did my lesson yesterday, but forgot to post...
I will have to put off the memorizing for a few days because my brain is in a fog from this head cold...i do want to take the challenge though

psychomom said...

4. we are to "receive" one another as Christ received us. This means that we are to love and accept each other the way Christ accepts us.

5. Jesus gave the example of washing his disciples' feet, and we are to learn from this example, to serve one another.

6. We are to serve one another in love.

Jennifer Froelich said...

"Let Love be without hypocrisy; Abhor what is evil, cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love, give preference to one another in honor..." Romans 12:9-10

Audrey said...

I'm all caught up except for the memory verse. I guess I'll start working on that next.

Drama Queens said...

done for yesterday and today.

psychomom said...

Sorry, Thursday's not posted yet, but I'm done for today (thurs)!