Friday, March 8, 2013

Friday, March 8

He who observes the wind will not sow,


And he who regards the clouds will not reap.   Ecclesiastes 11:4


Our first week is coming to an end.  Looking at diligence has helped me focus on my life with spiritual eyes and see areas that need work.  It's easy to become discouraged when I open my eyes and look honestly at myself, but becoming discouraged only happens when I forget all the strength and love from my Father that is at my disposal - when I change my focus from God to myself or my circumstances.   Diligence is hard, but...

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.    Galatians 6:9

Next week we will begin looking at specific areas which we are told by Peter to diligently add to our spiritual walk.  We will study what this looks like in a different woman each week.  By looking at various women in differing circumstances I hope to learn how to make application no matter what season of life or situation I find myself in.

 Your assignment for today is to make sure you have a plan to be able to diligently continue in this study.  Do you need a study buddy as Ann mentioned - someone to remind you if you forget to comment?  Maybe you just need to set aside a certain time of the day so you don't forget.  Would having a friend to sit down with to work on the assignment be better for you?  We have nine weeks left.  I hope we all make it to the end!

2 comments:

michelle said...

I'm enjoying this very much. Nine weeks is no problem, I know we can do it!

The Lady said...

Yea! I love that attitude.