Friday, March 29, 2013

Friday, March 29

True knowledge - a characteristic we must add with diligence to our faith and virtue.  As I was thinking about what to discuss today diligence came back to mind.  I have a problem with continuing diligence.  I need motivation to continue doing what I am supposed to do.  It gets boring if I let it become something to check off my list of daily chores.  So today we are going to find motivation for continuing to add knowledge to our faith.  Your assignment is to read Psalm 119 - yep.  The WHOLE chapter.  As you read you are to write down at least five reasons why I should continue to add true knowledge to my faith, and then tell me what those reasons are.  I look forward to your responses!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Vs. 11 “I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you”

It’s one thing to read the bible word for word, but unless we really soak in what God is trying to teach us and why, then we aren’t able to apply it to our own lives and recognize sin for what it is. Suddenly those “grey” areas become more distinct and His word becomes our shield to fight the evil one.



Vs. 76 “Let your steadfast love comfort me according to your promise to your servant”

There are times in our lives when we are left feeling discouraged and overcome by the pressures of the world, but knowing that through His word, God can take us by the hand and guide us to where we need to be is a HUGE comfort and knowing that he cares for each of us individually is the best kind of support we could ever find.


Vs. 79 “Let those who fear you turn to me, that they may know your testimonies”

When we fear God, we also become a light for others to follow. Through our actions, others are able to see His good works and tend to gravitate toward Him as well. Also, the more knowledge we gain the more confident we become and are more likely to want to share His word.


Vs. 104 “Through your precepts I get understanding; therefore I hate every false way”

With an understanding of what God expects from us, then everything that’s evil becomes like a bad aroma, and our hearts want to shield away from it. And the more we know, the more we are able to recognize how satan is trying to snare us.


Vs. 165 “Great peace have those who love your law; nothing can make them stumble”

I know the more I read His word, the more at peace I become because I know He is there to guide me along the way. I am never alone. I know when I do fall, He is right there to pick me up and carry me through any trial I may have. His grace and mercy is reassuring to me because without them, life would be hopeless.