Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday

As I continue through Revelation I find myself thinking about expectations. I think in the back of my mind, a small part of me expects that God will always answer my prayers the way I want Him to. Maybe sometimes I have a tendency to think of Him as my own personal genie. If I am faithful, then He should protect me from harm. Is this a scriptural concept? Of course not. In fact, Jesus actually promised that the faithful would suffer in this life. So when life hands me those trials and disappointments, I should not feel abondoned by my God, but thankful He is there to walk with me as I go through it.

What are you thinking about today?

2 comments:

Qwert said...

Began Jerimiah this morning. 1-3. It is so sad to see the destruction coming. After so much warning, the people and rulers didn't change. And especially Judah, seeing what happened to Israel - still didn't change. A reminder to us to always check ourselves against the word. Though we do have grace, and God is long-suffering (very obvious reading in the OT), we don't have a 'get out of jail free' card. We need to remain faithful and do his will.

Audrey said...

Sooo..I've done my stuff for the last couple days, just keep forgetting to post.