Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday

Continuing on with the spiritual p90x theme...Julie gave some really good thoughts yesterday to help me develop my spiritual exercise plan. They actually fit in quite nicely with the whole p90x premise. Let me explain how that physical program works: there are actually twelve different workouts. The idea is that to keep your body making progress, your muscles cannot become comfortable with the workout or you stop progressing. The program is divided into three blocks of four weeks each. The first three weeks you spend learning the workouts, then you get a week "off" in which you do mostly cardio and stretching to allow the muscles to heal before the next block begins. It never gets easy.

So Julie's suggestion about using the Peter passage fits this. There are several things to work on there. These things could be rotated in and out of a 3 month program. As far as specific activities...I'm thinking memory work, study, prayer, encouraging others, choosing a particular area of behavior that causes problems and setting up some kind of tracking system to monitor progress while studying that area to change thinking habits, making thankfulness lists... I have thought about taking a news story and writing a biblical response... I'm looking for ideas to encourage applying principals that are learned. Ideally I would be molding my thoughts to scriptural passages. So keep those ideas coming!

2 comments:

Drama Queens said...

so--in theory I love the idea of things never getting easy--until I'm in the midst of it! But-of course this is what we all need--the pain of growing and becoming stronger.
Done for today. Continuing on with realizing I do not pray enough nor do I even make the time I should to pray--so my goal starting tonight is to start writing my prayers. I did this a long time ago and have intended several times to start up again but just haven't. I find myself more focused and dilligent not to mention comforted when I do it this way. I am hoping this also helps with my sleep issues when Aaron is gone at night (they are getting worse). I am planning on making this part of my post--just whether or not I did it--to keep me accountable.

Qwert said...

Read IS 21-23.