Monday, May 10, 2010

Monday

Good morning! (Or whenever you find the time to post today)

Yesterday was a big day for all of us. Today it's back to the normal routine. I'm thankful for you ladies who encourage me to continue my daily reading plan. I have a tendancy to forget to do the most important things when my schedule gets crazy. Having this blog helps me to not forget one of the most important things there is - spiritual nutrition. We can't live long without it. I hope you enjoy your spiritual "meal" today.

4 comments:

Audrey said...

I am done with my reading for today. I think that my favorite proverb from today's reading was Proverbs 11:22 "As a ring of gold in a swine's snout, so is a lovely woman who lacks discretion." It is kinda funny to read, but it sure gets the point across. I think about this not only as it applies to me, but also how it applies to how I raise my daughters. I pray that they do not become rings in pigs noses.

Qwert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Qwert said...

I read Proverbs 25-31.

Yesterday I finished a book by C S Lewis that Jannae had to read in school (Till we have faces:A myth retold). I thanked God at the end of it that we have the Word, written down for us. The Greeks had to rely on a priest to inform them what the gods wanted. We do not have to rely on a man and/or tradition to know what pleases God. He has told us. I was also thankful that His Word is a mirror for me - if I am honest with myself.

Drama Queens said...

haha Audrey and very good point Julie! I am getting caught up today-- (Tuesday) company is all gone as of a few hours ago.