Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Memory Work Challenge - April 14

It's TAX DAY!! It's a good day to remember the "patient in tribulation" for some of us - haha. Good job, Ann, making your goal and meeting it yesterday!

Today let's add yet another verse. As you quote the verses to yourself today, I want you to think of a specific application in your life. You don't need to blog this unless you just want to, but do blog the new verse and then blog all of them as we have been doing.

Here's my attempt without the new verse...

Let love be without hypocrisy
Abhor what is evil
Cling to what is good
Be kindly affectioned to one another in brotherly kindness
Not lagging in diligence
Fervant in spirit
Serving the Lord
Rejoicing in hope
Patient in tribulation
Continuing stedfast in prayer
Distributing to the needs of the saints
Given to hospitality
Bless those who persecute you
Bless and do not curse
Rejoice with those who rejoice
Weep with those who weep

There you go Ann. I think I got it right this time. Let me know.

4 comments:

psychomom said...

Good job, Debbie! I think listing them like that might be easier than my way of trying to remember them as they look in my Bible...I might try that myself! Back later after I learn the verse...16 right?

Jennifer Froelich said...

I'm rather brain dead today. Let's see if I can reach the meager goal of doing it as well as I did on Monday, but without going over it again first:

Let love be without hypocrisy, abhor what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in brotherly love, give preference to one another in honor, not lagging behind in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in joy, persevering in tribulation, devoted to prayer, contributing to the needs of the saints, practicing hospitality. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice; weep with those who weep...

Jennifer Froelich said...

Oops. I put "rejoicing in joy" instead of "rejoicing in hope."

psychomom said...

Be of the same mind toward one another; do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble; something about your own opinion... let me look it up again...do not be wise in your own opinion

Isn't it funny how different it is to try to say the verses than to type them...I was just saying it for Frank, and although I can say it faster than I can type it, it's still harder sometimes!