Thursday, March 14, 2013

Thursday, March 14

Today is the day we do some self-examination.  Are there areas in your life that demonstrate a lack of faith? Are there areas in your life that you struggle just a bit to follow God's directives?  It might be an inward struggle that no one else sees.  Have you thought about how it really is a lack of faith?  If I truly believe that God is, and is a rewarder of those who seek Him (Hebrews 11:6) then I should be like Mary - "Behold the servant of the Lord."  In fact, she not only agreed without complaint, but when she went to visit Mary she even praised God for giving her the chance to serve.

"My soul magnifies the Lord,
And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
For He has regarded the lowly state of His maidservant:
For behold, henceforth all generations will call me blessed."

This kind of attitude demonstrates true faith.  Mary trusted that God was in control, that He loved her and would help her through what was ahead, that He knew what was best, that He was truly good all the time.

You don't have to share what your private struggles are if you don't want to.  Your assignment is to ask God to show you those areas in your life.  And then you need to make a plan to help you deal with the problem.  Be specific in your plan, remembering the ways to increase your faith we discussed yesterday.  Let us know when you have completed the assignment.


2 comments:

Jennifer Froelich said...

Okay, I realize I'm commenting really, REALLY late on Thursday's post (Sorry!) but I've been thinking about it a lot and wanted you to know I've got my plan in place!

The Lady said...

Yea for Jennifer!